May 18 is No Dirty Dishes Day, a day you could celebrate by either not washing any dirty dishes or by washing all the dishes you can!
Dirty dishes, they are part of life. A lot of time, money and energy is spent every day on washing and drying dishes and putting them away. This unofficial holiday with unknown origins encourages people to take a break from doing the dishes for the day and spend the time saved doing things for fun.
How to Celebrate
- Wash all your dishes so that your sink and kitchen is all clean and sparkly.
- Or, don’t wash any and pile them up. But remember, you will have to clean them some time soon, even if you take a break today.
- Or use disposable dinnerware. Just remember to make sure they are environmental friendly.
- Make No Dirty Dishes Day even more fun by eating all your meals out – make dirty dishes someone else’s problem for this one day!
- Hate doing the dishes day in and day out? Use this day to draw up a schedule and a plan for cleaning dishes everytime you sue them. That way, you’ll never be stuck with a sink full of dirty dishes!
- If you don’t own a dish washer, maybe today is the day to get one installed. Make sure you get a energy efficient washer and that you use environmentally friendly detergent.
Did You Know…
…that the first iterations of dish washing machines were all hand operated?